Skip to main content

Observation on a Large Scale Residential Development

An observation is where you give your views on a valid appeal to An Bord Pleanála.

Any person can make an observation if they are not already a participant in the appeal. You can only make an observation if someone has made a valid appeal on a planning authority’s decision on a planning application.

What is an appeal?
Generally, any person wanting to carry out development must apply for planning permission to their local county council, city council or city and county council (the planning authority). The planning authority will make a decision on the application either to grant or to refuse planning permission. This decision can be appealed to An Bord Pleanála.

LRD Guide

Observation Form